Personalities and Spiritual Gifts Journal Entry Copy
Reflect on your assessments (personality and spiritual gifts), the course content and the interaction with the other participants in this module. Think about what you have learned. What is God teaching you? What will do about it? Download the Personalities and Spiritual Gifts Journal Entry Form below. Compose a journal entry that addresses all of the following:
- Describe your personality and spiritual gifts. Explain how your personality traits and your spiritual gifts affect your personal life and your ministry.
- Evaluate and discuss your greatest personality strength. Include personal accounts and provide reasons or examples to support your conclusion.
- Analyze and describe personality traits which might hinder you in your ministry if they are pushed to an extreme. Include personal accounts and reasons or examples to support your conclusion.
- Develop a one year plan that will promote your development as a Christian leader.
- Review The Essential Guide to Writing SMART Goals as needed.
- Establish one strategic goal that meets the smart goal criteria. The goal should be able to be accomplished during the next year, and it should promote your development as a Christian leader in an area that you identified as a potential hindrance to your ministry. (Note: Write your goal in one sentence. Be sure that all the SMART criteria are met in that one sentence. Example: I am going to read one book a month on children and/or family ministry over the next 12 months and take notes to develop a vision and framework for our children’s ministry.)
- Explain how this goal will be achieved by identifying key measurable activities that will help you become a more effective and godly leader in this area. (Questions that you might want to ask yourself are: What learning opportunities are available; what will you commit to learning in order to become a better leader in this area; what will you subscribe to or buy; what conferences or training classes will you attend?)
- Include reasons why you selected this goal.
- Describe how you will know that you have made progress toward your goal and how you will know when you have achieved it.
- Describe how the development of this leadership area will benefit you and your ministry in the future. Be specific.
Please note: This journal entry as well as future journal entries will be included as part of your Personal Leadership Development Plan that will be submitted at the end of the course. Careful reflection upon and construction of this journal entry will help you as you meet with your mentor and develop your Personal Leadership Development Plan. Be sure to refer to the journal rubric before composing and submitting your entry. Provide substantial interaction between your thoughts and the course content. Including references to course content and/or other resources is required. (Minimum – three references)
This journal entry should be 600 – 800 words.
Once you have completed your journal entry form, save it on your computer and submit it using the Assignments block below. This needs to be submitted by Monday at 11:55 PM Central Time.