Leadership Essentials Week 6 Forum Discussion: Facing Conflict Copy
Briefly describe a conflict in your ministry in which you are or have been involved. Analyze the conflict using information from the course reading, video material and your previous leadership experience. Address the following:
- What was the underlying cause?
- What was the main issue involved?
- What was the type of conflict?
- What were some of the positive approaches used in the process of dealing with this conflict?
- What things should have been done differently in handling this conflict situation?
- What would have been the likely outcome if the conflict had been avoided or ignored?
- What was its actual outcome in terms of negative and positive results?
Your forum post should be 300-400 words.
Due: This needs to be done by Friday at 11:55 pm Central Time.
Critically read the initial forum posts. Based on the course content and your experience, you may agree or disagree with certain parts. Write responses in the forum to two other students’ posts giving specific reasons or examples as to why you agree or disagree with what they have written. Referencing the course content is required in at least two of the follow up posts. Use the CMI citation guide – found in the Course Planning Documents section of the course – to properly cite your sources. Be sure to answer any questions that other students ask you and follow each conversation to a logical conclusion.
Each of your two responses should be 150-200 words.
Due: This needs to be done by Monday at 11:55 pm Central Time.