Enrollment in Teaching Children Effectively™ Level 1 demonstrates deep concern for the children and the kingdom of God. Before we begin, let’s review the requirements necessary for the successful completion of TCE™ Level 1. We will also discuss the rationale and examine the expected learning outcomes.
- Proctor – This course will require three teaching practicums designed to provide practice in the teaching methods learned before actually using them to teach children. A proctor will be needed to observe these three practicums. The CMI Online Administrator will find a proctor for you.
- Location for Real-world Teaching Assignments – This course requires five teaching sessions with children in a classroom or one-on-one setting using the methods presented. You must have a location available where you can teach children during this twelve-week course. Your proctor can help you find a location to teach during the course.
Jesus gave the command to “go and preach the gospel to every creature”; however, subtle worldly philosophies have persuaded the majority of Christians that children cannot make a decision for Christ until they can “reason” or until they reach a certain age. It is widely believed that young children cannot receive Christ as their Savior and be born into the kingdom of God.
This course challenges the believer to re-examine biblical principles and teaching concerning child evangelism, and confronts him with God’s will that “not one of these little ones should perish” (Matthew 18:14). It exhorts him to lead the child to Christ as a first spiritual experience instead of continually attempting to give “spiritual food” to spiritually dead children (1 Corinthians 2:14).
Video class sessions recorded on campus at the Children’s Ministries Institute® will include lectures, class discussions, role plays, demonstrations, and more. As an online student, you will view these class sessions and interact with your online instructor and classmates through forum discussions and optional live chat sessions. Corrective learning opportunities will be offered through written assignments submitted through the CMI Online course site. Feedback from your proctor following your practicum experiences will help to strengthen your skills as you learn new methodology. Real-World Teaching experiences will provide interactive opportunities for you to utilize your newly gained teaching skills with children.
By the conclusion of this course the student will:
- Present the message of salvation on a child’s level using The Wordless Book
- Present a visualized Bible verse, applying the principles and steps presented in the course
- Present an evangelistic Bible lesson with an invitation to receive Christ
- Participate in five children’s classes applying the knowledge gained in the course
- Begin a Good News Club® or other type of approved neighborhood outreach
TCE™ Level 1 not only calls for a change of mentality toward evangelizing the child, but also provides the necessary methods and procedures to win children for Christ and to begin an immediate neighborhood outreach ministry. The course calls for the Church to incorporate community or after-school Good News Clubs in public schools as a vital part of its ministry. In this way, the Church can effectively reach the unreached child with the message of salvation, thus assuming its responsibility to minister to “every creature” (Mark 16:15).