Registration for the Spring 2024 online course is now CLOSED.
Registration for the Summer 2024 online course will open on March 13, 2024.
This is a 12-week course designed to equip local church members to reach children for Christ in various settings, including Good News Clubs in the community and public schools, as well as other children’s classes. Attention is focused on the lostness of the child without Christ and the biblical basis for child evangelism.
Course Requirements: This class includes three practicums and five real-world teaching assignments. In order to complete these course requirements, you will need to do the following after registering for this course:
- Connect with a Proctor – This course will require three teaching practicums designed to provide practice in the teaching methods learned in the course before actually using them to teach children. You will be assigned a proctor to observe these three practicums. After you enroll in the course, you will be given more detailed instructions and the necessary forms.
- Locate a Real-world Teaching Assignment Location – This course requires five teaching times with children in the context of a Good News Club® or 5-Day Club® setting using the methods learned in the course. You must have a location available where you can teach children in the prescribed setting during this twelve-week course.
The Course Syllabus displayed below describes the objectives and assignments for this course.
All students must order their own course materials. These are available from Child Evangelism Fellowship's press store. Once you click on any of the links below, you will be taken to the CEF Press® website.
You need to place your order early enough to allow time for your order to be delivered to you before the course begins. USA students please allow two weeks for processing and shipping. International students please allow four-six weeks for processing and shipping. (NOTE: Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays.)
There are 2 different course material options described below. Choose one of the two options that is appropriate for you.
The difference between the two options below is that Option 1 includes Turned Around teaching materials and Option 2 does not.
The Turned Around teaching materials include the following in a yellow tote:
- Turned Around flashcard
- Turned Around text
- Teaching Cards
- Verse Visuals (KJV or ESV)
- Four visualized songs (Just Turn Around, Let's Get Started, Children of God and Let Me Listen)
- Wordless Book
- How to Lead a Child leaflet
- Counseling Tool
The Turned Around teaching materials set includes everything you need to teach five classes with kids. You will be using materials in this set for homework and practicum assignments during this course. If you DO NOT already have everything in this set, you MUST purchase Option 1.
If you already have this set of Turned Around teaching materials or have access to them during this course, you may purchase Option 2.
(NOTE: You MUST purchase this option if you DO NOT already own the Turned Around lesson text, flashcards, verse visuals (KJV or ESV), four visualized songs, teaching cards, and the Turned Around music CD.)
Everything listed above plus TCE™ Level 1 student manual, TCE™ Level 1 flash drive, pack of 50 Gospel Tracts (KJV or ESV), and 60 Day Wonder Devotional Book.
(NOTE: You may ONLY purchase this option if you ALREADY own a Turned Around Teaching Kit or have access to one.)
TCE™ Level 1 student manual, TCE™ Level 1 flash drive, pack of 50 Gospel Tracts (KJV or ESV), 60 Day Wonder Devotional Book, and Counseling Tool.
If you have questions about ordering your course materials, email the CMI Online Administrator or call 1.636.456.4321.