This course has reached full enrollment and is now CLOSED.
Registration for the Summer 2024 online course will open on March 13, 2024.
This ten-week course points out the fact that child evangelism is a crucial aspect of world evangelism. Statistics indicate that approximately one-third of the world’s population of 7.8 billion people is made up of school-age children. It is important for every child to have the opportunity to hear the message of salvation. Children’s ministry is a specialized field. To reach the child for Christ, the Gospel message must be presented to the child in a simple and appealing manner. This course will help you to develop the tools and skills necessary to communicate the Gospel to children.
We assume that students who enroll in the ten-week Progressive Methods of Child Evangelism course:
• Believe children can come to know Christ as their personal Savior at an early age.
• Believe children should be given an opportunity to respond to the message of salvation.
• Believe salvation must be the starting point before spiritual growth can take place.
• Will have a designated and approved proctor available during the Party Club.
• Will have a location and teaching arrangement in place to teach a Party Club.
You can download the Course Syllabus displayed below to take a look at the assignments for this course before deciding to enroll in this course.
Prerequisite course: CM202 Teaching Children Effectively Level 1 (with certificate requirements met)
All students must order their course materials. You need to place your order early enough to allow time for your order to be delivered to you before the course begins. USA students please allow two weeks for processing and shipping. International students, please allow four-six weeks for processing and shipping. (NOTE: Orders are not processed on weekends or holidays.)
Order the following two items from CEF Press®.
The links below will direct you to the CEF Press® website. (Please note: You can only purchase the student manual by clicking on the link below. It will not be found by using the search feature. It is only available to online students.)
- Progressive Methods Student Manual
- Dinosaur Tracks! Party Kit
(NOTE: You MUST use this Party Club kit when you teach your Party Club in this course UNLESS prior approval to use another lesson is granted by your online instructor before the course begins.
Order the following texts from the book provider of your choice.
- Children's Ministry Resource Bible (also available from CEF Press®)
- Children, A Biblical Perspective by Sam Doherty - Free Download for a limited time (You will need to set up a user account on this Specialized Book Ministry site before ordering.)
- Childhood Education in the Church edited by Robert E. Clark, Joanne Brubaker, and Roy B. Zuck
- Joining Children on the Spiritual Journey by Catherine Stonehouse
- Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur
If you have questions about ordering your course materials, email the CMI Online Administrator or call 1.636.456.4321.