Mentor Meeting #1 Copy
Interaction with effective godly leaders is one thing that can help you develop your leadership skills. This week, you will have the opportunity to meet with a mentor to discuss your personal leadership development plan.
You should have located a mentor before the course began. If meeting arrangements have not already been made, contact your mentor early this week to make an appointment for your discussion so that the assignment can be completed on time.
During this meeting:
Ask your mentor
- What characteristics do you feel make you an effective leader?
- What are some characteristics that you look for in Christian leaders?
- What factors do you consider before delegating responsibilities?
- Why do you feel that people follow you?
- How do you motivate people?
- What are the most beneficial activities that you have participated in which have contributed to your growth as a leader? How were/are they beneficial?
- What kind of learning or self-improvement activities do you currently participate in to help you become a better leader? Why they are beneficial?
- The knowledge you have gained and what God has been teaching you in the course so far.
- The three goals and the key measurable activities you have identified that will help you become a more effective and godly leader.
Assess with your mentor
- Are these goals practical and can they realistically be achieved during the next year? If not, discuss how they can be modified.
Due: This needs to be done by Friday at 11:55 pm Central Time.