Home Forums TCE™ 1 Week 1 Forum: Introduction (Spring 2024) Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1! Reply To: Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1!

• Heather Bishop

January 11, 2024 at 12:00 pm

Hello! My name is Heather Bishop. I live in the mountains of Los Alamos, New Mexico. I live in small community of about 18,000 people. My husband, Robert, and I have lived in Los Alamos for over 30 years. We have three daughters, two dogs, and a hamster. My youngest daughter just finished her first semester of her freshman year of college

I have been involved in children’s ministry for over 20 years including teaching Sunday School, AWANA, and in local homeschool co-ops. The last two years I have been helping in a local Good News Club. Starting last fall I have been teaching the missionary story. The lead teacher encouraged me to prayerfully consider taking this class.

I accepted Christ as my Savior while a junior at a state university where I was working on a degree in education. Christ has changed my perspective on education through the various teaching opportunities he has given me outside of the classroom. I am looking forward to continued learning about the Bible’s perspective on teaching, the gospel, and children.

I will be able to teach most of my real life experiences at the local Good News Club where I help. There are currently about 20 students who attend. It is a combined class with two schools because of maintenance projects in one of the elementary schools.