Home Forums TCE™ 1 Week 1 Forum: Introduction (Spring 2024) Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1! Reply To: Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1!

• Suzanne Ordelheide

January 9, 2024 at 3:29 pm

Hello! My name is Suzanne Ordelheide and I live in Warrenton, Missouri. Yes, Warrenton is home to the CEF International Headquarters and I am employed there and work in International Ministries, Finance Department. Four years ago, I was led to apply for a position at International Headquarters. Before that time I had served in children’s ministry as a Sunday School teacher in my church, Administrator in our Mother’s Day Out Program and most recently a leader in our AWANA program.

I must say that my motivation for taking this course is driven by it being a new requirement for all International Headquarters staff. I am looking forward to learning how to be a more effective teacher of the gospel. I would like to be able to share the gospel with my grandchildren and other children in this area.

I have just found a Good News Club nearby and I am truly looking forward to completing my real-world teaching assignments and being a part of that ministry. The club is held at a church on Wednesday evenings. The church has the resources to pick up children in the neighborhood and bring them to church. There, they provide a meal for them, conduct the Good News Club, and then bus them home. I am very excited to be a part of this Good News Club and am truly looking forward to serving there.