Home Forums TCE™ 1 Week 1 Forum: Introduction (Spring 2024) Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1! Reply To: Welcome to Teaching Children Effectively Level 1!

• Annette Holmes

January 6, 2024 at 1:10 pm

Hi! My name is Annette Holmes I live in Northern Maine and volunteer with a couple of Good News Clubs in the area. I came to know the Lord as Savior through the ministry of CEF as a child and wanted to be a missionary in Alaska selling lemonade to make money. 🙂 I was working towards that in being enrolled in a private christian high school when my Dad left and took all of our resources. I believed the lie that God abandoned me too for years. When HE so gently wooed me back to Himself I picked up where things got left and went to Bible School and then CEFLTI as it was called at the time. I served on staff as a Field Worker with CEF of Massachusetts for years before moving here 22 years ago. I have worked with children in one way or another all of my life believing that they were important and needed to know TRUTH. So often children get dismissed because “they can’t understand that, they have nothing to offer”. GRRR that it simply not true. I’ve seen children come to faith, grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus and serve Him in ways that would make many adults cower in shame. I’ve raised and homeschooled my seven children and it is my desire to be an asset to The Body of Christ by being able to help in the training of folks as they minister to children. Equipping adults to equip children to shine bright in this dark world is greatly needed. I’m looking forward to learning with each of you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Annette Holmes. Reason: I left out some things